Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

JESUS STOPS BY FOR A VISIT

Oh, it's . . . it's You.
Well . . . come in, come in. Yes.
I wasn't expecting . . .
That is . . . I thought you were . . . dead.
But . . . But . . . No! Not dead, not really.
Risen! Yes. Of course . . .
Resurrected. But still . . .

Yes, please sit down. Sit. Sit.
Here's the best chair in the place.
Not much of a place, I know.
Anyhow. Coffee? Tea? A glass of water?
Something stronger?
Hey, I guess you could turn
the water into whatever . . .
Sorry. Just a little joke. Heh. Heh.
You've probably heard it a thousand . . .
Yes, I suppose it would get old, wouldn't it?

Sorry if I seem a little nervous.
I really had no idea you made house . . .
Of course I'm happy you've come.
Glad. Pleased. Honored.
It's just that I never imagined . . .
And I must admit I'm curious.
I mean I'm sure you have a reason . . .
No? Just a chance to say hello?
See how things are going?
Well, things are . . . fine.
Really. I'm doing well.
Most of the time. ‘course we all
have our ups and downs, don't we?
But no complaints. A few aches
and pains. Not getting any younger
you know. Well, I'm not anyway.

What? You've got to be going?
So soon? But you just got . . .
And . . . And I have questions, lots of . . .
Yes. Yes. I understand.
Maybe . . . Maybe next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment