Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

PEACE CIRCLE

PEACE CIRCLE

"Enlarging the circle of peace . . .
here is a vision . . . to pursue . . ."
(Donald F. Durnbaugh, Fruit of the Vine)


How do you make a circle bigger
any circle
but especially this one?

You can't do it selectively.

To keep a circle a circle
you must expand the arc
equally at all points
which means you've got to bring inside
ideas
and doctrines
and (especially) people
you'd very much like to exclude.

But hey
nobody
– not even Jesus --
-- especially not Jesus --
said it would be easy.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you blogging. I will enjoy your poetry and writing I am sure. thanks for the email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me know about this Ken. This musing in particular is interesting for this week. In preparation for my sermon this week I came across a quote from Fred Craddock that this reminds me of.

    "Do we really want a gracious God?
    Certainly we do -- for ourselves;
    but can we have a gracious God
    if we don't believe that the same grace
    is given to those sinners outside our church doors,
    outside our faith, outside our boundaries of acceptability?"


    Blessings,
    Daniel House

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Uncle Ken,
    Mom had a great time with you and she gave me your site! Read all your work and it touched me to my very soul! Thank you for sharing your words! Hello to Sue and Dane and lots of love! Neice, Angee

    ReplyDelete