Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

LOVE LETTER

Dear Penny,

I'm writing this note to express how deeply I appreciate your patience, your devotion, your unconditional acceptance of me.

Lord knows I don't deserve it. How many times I have neglected you, taken you for granted, selfishly put my needs above yours. I have, much too often, spoken harshly, even shouted at you in anger. Preoccupied with my work or amusement, I have often kept your waiting. I confess that at times I have literally abandoned you for long stretches of time.

I am truly sorry for my thoughtlessness. I know I can never atone for my wrongdoing. Through it all, wonder of wonders, you still adore me. I see it in your eyes.

But how about this: let's go for a long walk, just the two of us.

I'll get the leash.

No comments:

Post a Comment