Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

AT CANA

Must you really go? So soon?
Of course, I understand. Your
mother tells me you are . . .
what did she say . . . impetuous. Yes.
I myself . . . you may not believe
it . . . was once much like you,
though I would have called
it . . . restless, I suppose.
It's the way of youth to want . . .

And, to tell the truth,
my daughter over there,
the bride, so flushed with
happiness . . . at least I hope
it's that . . . I do wonder if she
will be content with . . .

Oh yes, her husband will
provide. I've seen to that.
He is steady, something
of a plodder, truth to tell.
Just between the two of us,
she once confided to her
mother that she thought you . .

But I'm keeping you. Forgive
my going on like this.
It must be the wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment