Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2011

PROJECT

I could, if I wanted,
create a new mythology.
Maybe that's what the world

needs, is desperately longing
for, a pantheon of deities that
has relevance for Now. So, for

example, how about a god
of electronics? You'll
pray to Him/Her/It when your

Ipod is on the fritz. You
can buy electronic votive
candles at Best Buy to

assist your devotions. Not all
gods will be good ones. Baseball
players will need to placate

Erroneous, the deity who causes
shortstops' fingers to fumble
an easy ground ball. The

possibilities are almost
endless and will require more time
and thought than I have available

at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're too busy to create more mythologies! :-) This evening I happened to pull off my bookshelf again Chet Raymo's book "When God is Gone Everything is Holy". Thank you for recommending it!

    ReplyDelete