Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

DEFERMENT

We made a tape recording
when she was seven or eight.
We'd memorized "Casey
at the Bat." We decided
to do it with her saying the
first two lines then me saying
the next two and so on. It
went well. We had to turn
off the recorder only once
or twice. If you'd like to
hear it, I can go get . . .

Sure, I understand.
It's getting late.

Let me just say what amazed
me was how she imitated
the way I said it when we
were learning it and then
at some places added her own
unique touch like when she
says "a sneer curled Casey's
lip" and made the p at
the end of "lip" pop like a
cork flying off a bottle of
champagne. Or the . . .

Yes, yes. Of course.
Maybe the next time you stop by.

1 comment:

  1. Ken,

    It's great to be back catching up on your poetry again. You have no end to wonderful memories of your youth. It's fun to read them.

    Dale

    ReplyDelete