Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

MOLLY TELLS THE WOMEN AT HER TABLE WHAT HAPPENED AT THE FUNERAL

Afterwards, Betty and I are
standing there in the hallway waiting
for our ride when this good-looking young
fellow -- in his fifties I would judge -- comes
up to us, leans down and gives her a bear
hug. "Why it’s Brian," she says. "I didn’t
know you were here; it’s so good to see you,"
then turns to me and tells me Brian is
her great nephew. "He looks pretty great to
me, all right," I say and we all laugh.
They chat awhile.
"Time to go," he tells her and gives us each a smile.
He reaches out and takes her in his arms.
I stand there aching.
He turns, then stops. "I think I’ll hug you too,"
he says to me and does.

I’m looking forward to the next funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment